Monday 6 May 2013

DREAMLESS - JOSEPHINE ANGELINI - REVIEW

Right, so you may be wondering why this has suddenly appeared a year late? Well as it turns out I just started Goddess the last book and thought I'd check back on my older reviews. Now I know blogger hates me but I didn't realised he hated me enough to delete a review! Turns out he does so here's the saved review from last year.

Book: Dreamless
Author: Josephine Angelini
Publisher: PanMacmillan
ISBN: 9780330529747
Rating: A

Tasked with descending to the underworld and killing the Furies, Helen must endure hellish torture whenever she goes to sleep -- she wanders around the various levels of hell with no idea how to complete her task, and she's beginning to suffer from extreme exhaustion. Although she still trains with the Delos clan, Helen and Lucas are coming to terms with the fact that they cannot be together. Lucas believes that the only way Helen will complete her quest is if he leaves her alone completely, so he tells her he doesn't want to see her again and that he never loved her. Distraught, Helen carries on with her mission, and for the first time meets another person down in the shadowy underworld: Orion, descended from Adonis and with the power to control desire, he is the heir to the house of Rome and an outcast. He's also kind of hot. Confused by her conflicting emotions but glad to have an ally in hell, Helen begins to realize the enormity of her task ...

This is one of those stunning series' that I fell in love with from day one so I when this arrived I read it withing a matter of days. Once of those magical books that just makes you feel amazing when you read it! I mean this has been one of the most heavily anticipated sequels ever! It did not dissapoint.

From page one I was induced in a book loving coma. I lived this novel for the time I was reading it and it was all that mattered. Dreamless is a sequel and with sequels you have to careful the first book isn't better and this series series just keeps on getting better! The book is a stunning masterpiece and I adore this series a gazillion times over.

The plot in itself was was amazing. I've loved the initial theme and idea since book when and when I found out Angelini was creating a cliched YA love triangle I was pretty sceptical but I had no reason to be. Angelini handled it beautifully, making it interesting and enjoyable at the same time, not falling into the clutches of terrible YA love triangles.

Angelini's writing is beautiful. There's something so lyrical and whimsical about it and I love the way she uses description! She crates the most vivd world and melds your minds to crete the most magical scenarios you could ever imagine.

Characters. The introduction of new characters, particularly orion, was not anything but perfect. The characters we already knew became closer to us and we got to know them better, and as with any sequel, we saw peoples true colours. But of course there were new characters and every one of them made this absolutely amazing! They were so personal and were amazing to read about in every way. I couldn't put this down!

Overall this is a stunning sequel to a stunning saga and it was quite simply perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment