Monday 1 April 2013

GIRL OF NIGHTMARES - KENDARE BLAKE - REVIEW

Book: Girl of Nightmares
Author: Kendare Blake
Publisher: Orchard Books/ Hodder Childrens
ISBN: 9781408326121
Rating: A

Cas Lowood is no ordinary ghost hunter - he's in love with a dead girl. Her name is Anna Korlov. Anna Dressed in Blood. The girl who sacrificed herself to save his life. Racked with guilt, Cas sets out to do what he does best - hunt a ghost. But this time his aim is not to kill. He must rescue Anna from the depths of Hell. But Hell is also home to a creature Cas has battled before...Just your average boy meets girl, girls gets sucked into hell story.

This book... i don't it's left me speechless. I honestly cant put it into words, it's that amazing. Anna dressed in blood was probably one of my favourite books of 2012 so this was one of those books I needed my hands on, and I know the review is a little late but there was so much I had going on and I was midway through another series that I was reading. Nevertheless I go this book and I honestly read it in a day, it was that good! I loved it so much.

The story in this was pretty darn amazing! It follows Cas, Tom and Carmel on their quest to get Anna back. Blake owns the land of twist and turns. This book was brimming with surprises and twists and I loved it. It kept me enthralled the whole time, and even though there are no more books it left me wanting more. The plot was beautifully executed and absolutely perfect in every way. The time and effort that has been poured into this is obvious and Blake has made this the perfect ending to a phenomenally good series.

The writing in the novel was beautiful. Blake's writing in general is beautiful, and is a pleasure to read. It just such a whimsical and stunning prose. I love her use of description and how she builds up and image in your head, to the last detail, yet still leaving so much room for imagination. I loved the way she balanced the use of dialogue and description in this. Description played and extremely large part in this book, just because we were taken to so many different places within the book. The way she portrayed London was perfect and I must admit when I read it I felt more than excited to finally have a book set in London.

The Characters in this novel stayed pretty much the same with the addition of two new mains. Gideon, who we hear about in book 1, becomes are al larger part of the story and we are introduced to him at last. We also meet a new character named Jestine who I'm not going to give to much away about. Most of the characters we already knew so the knowledge base simply grew and I felt more connected to them, but the introduction with the new characters was nice because the personalities started to balance each other out, thought I must say everyone is so nice in this book, even the Obeah (sort off).

Overall I adored this so much. Definitely a series I will be revisiting! It's sad to see it go and I loved the series a lot, But Blake has created a true masterpiece. I fell in love with it from page 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment