Tuesday 16 October 2012

THE RISE OF NINE - PITTACUS LORE - REVIEW

Book: the Rise of Nine
Author: Pittacus Lore
Publisher: Michael Joseph
ISBN: 9780718156497
Rating: A

Until I met John Smith, Number Four, I'd been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive. Together we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to separate to find the others ...I went to Spain to find Seven, and I found even more, including a tenth member of the Garde who escaped from Lorien alive. Ella is younger than the rest of us, but just as brave. Now we're looking for the others - including John. But so are they. They caught Number One in Malaysia. Number Two in England. And Number Three in Kenya. They caught me in New York - but I escaped. I am Number Six. They want to finish what they started. But they'll have to fight us first.

When starting this I had heard that the author had changed so I was slightly more aware and paying attention to the writing style when reading this but it was a perfectly written novel. I absolutely adore this series. It's unlike any scifi I have ever read and for someone who isn't a scfi fan this series pleases me so much, so when I got my proof of this, I quickly sniffed the book and started to read.

I feel like things are finally starting to come together in this book! All the numbers (remaining)) except for 5 are all together and it seems like they are finally getting somewhere. This book was just as action packed if not more and has so much technology that it was practically already on my good list before I had finished it. The plot is definitely a lot deeper and more complex now the story lines is progressing and relationships are progressing. Furthermore i really like the variations of POV's and the age differences which provide a different insight to each of the situations.

The writing as I mentioned didn't cause much of an issue but I did sometimes feel like the writing was treating the reader a tad too much like a child but apart from that there were no qualms. It was pleasure for sad, just the right amount of description and dialogue, creating vivd and sharp scenes in you minds as you read the book.

The characters were all much more built up in this book. Pervious characters became more emotionally connected and real and new characters gave a thrill and excitement to the book. Also there were some extremely interesting things revelled about many a character in this novel. All of the characters have really solid foundations and and really strong roots, most of which we have had an insight too, especially for, but many others are explained further in this book. In this book my favourite character had to be Marina. I don't know why but I just seemed to take and instant liking and warming to her and she just seemed so sweet and innocent and understanding.

Overall this a fantastic book, jam packed with action and thrill ready to keep you entranced till the very end!

1 comment:

  1. I just can't get past the cover of this one. It just looks, as much as I hate to say it, self-published! I guess I'm a cover snob after all. :)

    ReplyDelete