Tuesday 13 March 2012

FORGIVEN - JANA OLIVER - REVIEW

Book: Forgiven
Author: Jana Oliver
Publisher: Macmillan
ISBN: 9780330519496
Rating: A


Riley has made a bargain with Heaven, and now they've come to collect. Lucifer's finest are ruling the streets and it seems that Armageddon might be even closer than Riley imagined. But with her soul and her heart in play it's all she can do to keep herself alive, let alone save the world. Riley's not afraid of kicking some major demon butt, but when it comes to a battle between Heaven and Hell, she might need a little help ...



What did I think of this? Now I'm going to be entirely honest and say I'm not quite sure what happened here. The book was brilliant and all and I really loved it but Forsaken topped Forbidden and I was expecting this to do the same. I guess this had a lot going on but I focused more on bonds and relationships and for me the action just wan't there.... The novel was amazing though. If I put into context as a reviewer, avoiding my personal opinion ti was extremely good. It packed a good punch of brilliance filled with suspense, mystery, tension, romance, and load of demon kick ass!

Obviously there is a lot more heaven hell stuff going on and riley is becoming a bigger and bigger character and the importance of her role is growing, and we started to see a lot of change of scenery with Beck gone along with Simon and Peter appearing more. The story is much more focused on Riley figuring out what o do and how her relationships are going to work our but overall is very and and only disappointed in the slightest. The storyline was nice.

As every Jana's writing was fantastic to read. It's one of those types of writing that gives you tingles in you hands the moment the book sets place on your TBR pile. I love the descriptive prose she uses and although the description may not be so much for the surrounding for emotions and feeling it so moving that you feel everything that the characters feel, which lead me on to the next section of the review.

The characters are as every the same, and you feel so close to them, that by now, with the third book you have bonded with them a lot and feel everything they do. I think may allegiance has changed from Riley though, I think my favourite character is now Mortimer. He is definitely awesome in a shy very way that you can't help but liking.

Jana Oliver has mastered the art of twists and turn so much that this is book leaves you on so many cliffhangers with a wave of shock rolling through your body (in a good way). God this book is a thriller.

I really did love this though, and it is a gorgeous read that you thoroughly enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment