Thursday 29 March 2012

CREEPOVER: TRUTH OR DARE - REVIEW - P.J. NIGHT

Book: Creepover: Truth or Dare
Author: PJ Night
Publisher: ATOM
ISBN: 9781907411236
Rating: B+


During a round of Truth or Dare, Abby Miller confesses her crush on Jake Chilson. The only people who know her secret are her friends at the sleepover - and whoever sent her a text message in the middle of the night warning her to stay away from Jake...or else! But Abby isn't going to stay away from Jake, especially not after he asks her to the school dance. As the night of the dance comes closer, some very creepy things start happening to Abby. Someone definitely wants to keep her away from Jake. Is it a jealous classmate or, as Abby begins to suspect, could it be a ghost?


I like books like this because I always feel that a slight breath of fresh air when reading so much of the Genre that I do! They are always short, snappy and really light! Not to heavy or deep, and never have too much of a big plot. Simple, quick easy to follow and most definitely a fantastic read.


As for this one I loved it. I whizzed through in two hours and thoroughly enjoyed. It was sort a mystery, vampiry, love sort of book but doesn't go anywhere near the twilight fiasco. I really enjoyed this one so much and felt like it was a fantastic book.


The plot wasn't hard to follow in the slightest, but it always had you gripped to find out what was happening next. It was fast paced and most definitely thrilling. It's a simple plot but most definitely effective! It keeps your head nuzzled to the pages of the book from the moment you start to read.


The Characters were all really well formed and made, build up from solid ground making them easy to understand and easy to connect to. I always love a book when the characters become your friends and this one definitely did it for me!


As well as that the writing was brilliant. Snappy, sharp and even funny at times. A pleasure to read, is and understatement and I happily welcome any others in the series to my TBR list.


the only thing I could say about is that maybe a tad more description because although I like to let my imagination run free it's always nice to have a nice idea o what is meant to be going on, exactly.


Apart from that I can't fault it! It is a quick, quirky, snappy read that I enjoyed to utmost that kept me enthralled and interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment